I left a comment on a story, hooray! The first comment since January or so!
(This means that if I owe you fic comments, especially if you wrote a thing for me, that they are more likely to happen in the near future. I pretty much haven’t been reading fic since I got back from trip, so baby steps here. BUT I SWEAR I ALWAYS COMMENT ON GIFTFIC. EVENTUALLY. I’m just terrible and slow.)
If you comment on my fic for you, I will finish it
So I’m trying to build up a portfolio of writing and photography and it occurs to me that it might not be a bad thing to combine both.
Would any of y’all be interested in this? It would be more formal, natural history-y writing, rather than my normal tumblr weirdness …
If you are, give me ideas of things you’d like me to write about. I’ll probably do something about my crane trip next week, which is maybe a bit cliché, so other ideas are welcome…
There are 29. If that helps.
So markscherz tagged me, so here are answerssssss
1. In a prospective partner, what is the facial feature to which you are most attracted? What is your opinion of this feature on your own face?
I like interesting, noses. My nose is okay, but it’s not amazing. If you have a giant weird-shaped nose, though, congratulations, I’m probably in love with you.
2. What do you study/want to study and why?
I used to study osteology because I think that the evolution of animal structure is fascinating and bones are a good way to study it in a broad historical context. But that didn’t work out, and now I would like to study hymenopteran ecology because there is an actual chance at future employment and bees are my favourites.
3. If you could choose any flavour of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavoured Bean, what would it be and why?
Bread. Because the idea of a bread flavoured jellybean makes me giggle.
4. To which Hogwarts house do you belong? Would you play on this house’s quidditch team, and if so, which position would you be?
I’m so Ravenclaw it’s not even funny. And I am really terrible at sports, but I guess I could see myself being a beater to get out my aggro issues.
5. Which member of the Fellowship of the Ring is your favourite, and why? Also, does this answer differ between the book version and movie version of the story?
SAM. SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAM SAAAAAAAM. Except not movie Sam because he’s awful and leaves Frodo and doesn’t fix the entire Shire like a boss. So uh, movieverse, probably Pippin? Because he’s adorable. (Although goddamn do I have a huge crush on Dominic Monaghan, so maybe Merry.)
6. If you could have any TERRIBLE movie (e.g. Star Wars Episode III, Eragon, The Last Airbender, etc.) remade to become the best movie of all time, which movie would it be?
Star Wars Episode I. This would require a rework of the entire plot, mind you, but it could actually be really fucking interesting.
7. What form does your patronus take?
Some weird animal that gives me comfort but everyone else thinks is fucked up as all hell. Probably a giant spider, lbr.
8. What is your pizza of choice?
Pineapple and green pepper.
9. Which of the following dates would you prefer: (a) a candle-lit dinner on the deserted promenade at the foot of the Eiffel Tower; (b) dancing beneath the stars in an olive grove in Greece; (c) lying hand in hand on a remote tropical beach, watching the sun set in the distance; (d) going on a night-time hike through a remote rainforest, finding exciting and interesting animals, hand-in-hand with a partner; or (e) just curled up on the couch, watching a movie, laughing together and feeling at home.
Uh, d, except probably without holding hands because hiking is not really a hand-holdy kinda thing. But seriously how are any of those other ones even romantic?
10. What would you name a daughter or son? Why?
Um, well, I’m never, ever having children, but I’ve always kinda liked Tristan. BECAUSE I’M OBSESSED WITH ARTHURIAN LEGENDS and also it’s a great name, Blanchefleur you emo motherfucker.
11. Which edition of Pokémon is your favourite?
I confess to never having Pokemoned, not ever,
Bonus question: what is your favourite gif of all time?
Poor Mark Carwardine.
Right, 11 questions…I am super awful at this.
1) What is your favourite ugly animal?
2) What is one cooking skill you wish you had?
3) What’s the last book you read that you thought you were going to enjoy, but then it was terrible, and you didn’t?
4) If you were a Disney villain, what would your villain song be about?
5) What is the best ecosystem?
6) What is one word that you wish more people used in everyday life?
7) What is your favourite terrible movie?
8) If you could keep one dinosaur as a pet, what dinosaur would you pick, and why?
9) What is the cutest baby bird? Bonus points for posting a picture.
10) If you had the chance to see any animal alive, in the wild, which animal would you pick, and why?
11) What is the best spectator sport (or sport that you would like to spectate)?
And, uh tagging people. Um. Right. Tags. snailbird, carmarthenfan, khrysdiebee, alex-does-science (your main blog wouldn’t let me tag it, so), collapsiblepants, textless,picturesinhismind, sailorlv426, rhamphotheca (also you should let me know when you can biiiiirdddddd), cjaszlics (LOOK NOW YOU HAVE TO USE TUMBLR I TAGGED YOU), and uh @everyone who wants to do this, I don’t even, tagging people is hard.